Wednesday 23 February 2011

something needs to happen...

I know where its going, where I want it to go, but I’m not sure how to get there…This I mean. This thing you’re reading now. This thing that I’m writing…



Oh.. but see it’s not just a blog. I mean yes of course it’s a blog. What you’re reading now. But its also part of something else… A show. A performance.. yes I know its not one now but just wait. That will come later.. or at least I hope so.


The problem is, what I’ve realised is, if you are basing something on real life well, its not like writing fiction, when I can sit back godlike, look down at my characters and say..



what do I with you now?




Only… I guess that doesn’t make for great fiction either. The best stories come from a place I don’t really understand, like they are being dictated to me by someone, as if I am not the author at all.


About what you are reading now, the larger form of it. I’m so excited about reaching that final scene, that I am distracted from getting there. Because I don’t want you to be reading this from a screen, I want to skip to the part where you are in a bar or a small theatre and I am performing these words for you. But how do I get there. How do I take you with me?



I said all of this to him last night. He is also a writer so I felt like he may understand. He asks me what I’m writing, what I’m writing about. I try to explain it to him, but when I tell him it comes out jumbled. I’m embarrassed to admit, even to myself that I’m not sure what it is about at all.


I don’t know how to get to the end. Its been based on reality, but now….

maybe… I need to fabricate something…to push it forward


He grins, pauses…saying only

Patience. Something will happen…you just have to wait…

No comments:

Post a Comment