Wednesday 23 February 2011

collaboration

When we collaborate our ideas interlace in a pattern of yes’s and no’s. Our suggestions debating and challenging,but always ending in agreement.


When we are devising I am the one who is cautious and afraid. He is the one who always wants to elaborate, take it further . Somewhere in between we find one other. My seams are loosened by him. I push to draw his in tighter, to give them more form.


And this is why, when I find myself, wrestling on the floor with him, in a small gallery, with a small audience of onlookers, I am not phased. I am floating above us watching, intrigued. I am watching our playfulness, and my aggression, knowing that even if I leave scars he will understand.



In some strange way this is our creative process performed, our friendship manifested.

No comments:

Post a Comment