Wednesday 9 February 2011

Dining experience...

Wanting to do something different, or… unique, or that even more overrated adjective special … I make reservations for us, to go to a gourmet pop-up restaurant .


When the day of our booking comes, we walk into what used to be a vault I think?

And more than anything… I am.. embarrassed.


Embarrassed by the product placement of 4x4’s and Smeg refrigerators. Embarrassed by the crowd, the prevalence of suits, everyone in the queue, the act of queuing itself.


Waiting for our first course, we our sat side by side at a ridiculously long table.


He tells me how it reminds him of being at a wedding and then, details to me, just how much he hates weddings.


And then I, and then all I wanted, was to disappear under that long table, and into the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment