Wednesday 29 August 2012

a pretty way to recycle a notebook

Years ago I was lucky to have sponsorship from a very cool berlin fashion label called missing ling ling. They made a bunch of very chic clothes for me to perform in. Later they disbanded to pursue other things.  

Now, one half of the duo, my friend Tash, has embarked on a project that combines her pattern making skills, with her love of art and performance. She has been constructing a jacket from one of my notebooks. I never really understood how it would work, or how I could wear it, But I knew if anyone could make it, she could. 

Last week I was in Berlin for a couple performances, and I met up with Tash for a fitting. There are still details she would like to add, but the result  thus far is stunning. And also in true cinderella fashion, from first wearing it, it fit  me perfectly. 






As for what happens next? The idea is we will collaborate on a short fashion film to showcase it. So we are currently brainstorming ideas. Will keep you posted as this project develops 

xxx p

No comments:

Post a Comment