Friday 10 February 2012

start up meets. start up: overheard in a kreuzberg cafe

I l ove it when you don't even need to satirise a situation, because the subjects serve up themselves. I overheard this conversation in a cafe in kreuzberg. This is exactly what was said.

word for word.


Most of the time I see art in Berlin…And I don’t…understand it… Artists here have no incentive to sell. They don’t need to, because they have Hartz IV…Its all so.. The art here it’s not.. idealistic or conceptual its its… self entitled.



mmm (sage nodding )Have you thought about holding talks? I mean consulting? Consulting on social media? We thought about it… But it became a side project… and we have like 800 side projects now… So just go and run with it!… Right.. right..


My thing is bad English. It like kills me. ..There is a big difference between writing something in german? and putting it into google translate and sending it? Can’t you just pay someone ten dollars to write me a paragraph?? …Something that needs to be accepted is that everyone speaks English, so there is a certain level that has to be... accepted. If you create a phrase and it;s not exact..It's just one statement to get right.. It's important. That’s it… That’s one of my big things…


I can’t I can’t can’t…. You can’t take someone seriously if they don’t know how to check something before sending it. I mean if you have a web site up? That text on your website…? Should be… correct. I’m not saying perfect but… Yeah I agree I’m not saying perfect but… I go to museums here all the time and their text is terrible… I mean their translation text is terrible! In a museum… ? That is embarrassing…


Yeah that is embarrassing. …


Yeah..


Yeah..



Yeah well I think this is going to work. We really like where you guys are at. You’re like.. normal.


Yeah we’re not hipsters


(they all laugh)


We’re not naïve but we’re not pushovers, but we’re not bad people you know?


Hey.. (noticing someone at another table)


Oh god everyone knows everyone here!!! This is the place.


Oh I’m meeting him um (checking watch) now. Hi…


Well thanks guys. This is going to be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment