Monday 11 October 2010

call it cross promotion.

So as an up and coming alternative artist, you got to promote yourself until you're big enough for it to be someone elses job to do it, but sometimes, actually often, its a tricky task. a strange one at that, my mum after all raised me to be modest so it always feels weird to give myself props.

if only someone else would do it for me. recently i was discussing this with my mate b-ski, AKA comedian David Deery, and we stumbled on a brilliant idea, why not team forces and combine writing skills to big each other up???!!

and so, without further ado i present....

Motherf**kin David Deery.................




Its no secret that I’ve always had a thing for skinny hipster boys with glasses, especially if they’re funny. But David Deery is NOT a hipster.

Don’t be deceived by the glasses, the bike, the hoodie, the ironic t-shirt, the admiration for Dilla, Dylan and dubstep, the fact he lives in Berlin, the jeans that may be tight sometimes but are not, I repeat NOT skinny. Are you listening?? I’m here to set the record straight ok!!

DAVID DEERY IS NOT A HIPSTER!!!!!!!!!!

But believe, this boy is most definitely hip, insanely funny
and very very angry…

Angry? Yes
angry, about all sorts of things... but particularly..

  1. Grocery stores that close on Sundays. (Germany are you listening?!!)
  2. Protesters/Demos. (If he had his way he would put on one big Demonstration to protest all of the protesters once and for all.
  3. Girl’s boyfriends. (Dude get over it. I mean its not his fault she wants him ok??!!!)
  4. Bands without instruments. (Because really kids, without your American apparel, twitter, your iphone, and your hairdresser, where would you be?
  5. The word “Hipster” . (Do not, I mean really do not EVER get him started on this. I can’t possibly warn you enough. )
David Deery is like a hip crazy indie comedy superhero. He may not be invincible but he is what like to call ROCKET SOBER!!!

The only man in all of Berlin’s seething narcotic alcoholic nightlife that never ever drinks.




I know I know, I don’t believe it either, but then again, between his passion for knocking back club mate’s and his insatiable sexual appetite, he more than makes up for it.


And ladies he may even let you call him a hipster, if you’re hot, and willing to go home with him enough.

David Deery will make you believe in reincarnation. What am I saying? Let me clarify, this man has had too many lives to count. Go on ask him, ask him.

Buy him a mate’, let him tell you about:
  • The hip hop dj days
  • or the time touring with that indie rock band
  • or any of the major musicians he’s supported
  • or go further back to when he was a graffiti artist
  • or further still to the skateboarding

Maybe that’s why he laughs at hipsters, because most of them really aren’t hip enough.

Oh by the by ladies, did I mention that his record collection is (I have to take a deep breath here) GI-NORMMMMMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What it comes down to my darlings, is this…

David Deery is probably funnier than you, a lot funnier than you, probably funnier than ALL of your friends.


But don’t be intimidated by that, because you couldn’t find an easier guy to talk to. You can ask him anything, better yet, just get him a mate’ , prepare to laugh yourself blind, as he talks about well...whatever he wants...




On
ly remember this, he is not,
most Definitely not....
A hipster . ==========

oh and by the by, in case you wonder what that comic wonder wrote about me,
click on the link here...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe David could be invited to speak here?

    http://campuseventsblog.com/?p=3432

    ReplyDelete